Preparing Those Who Served Time to Re-Enter Society
Brian’s Place, Inc. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina provides a twelve-month, faith-based residential program designed to reach out to former federal and state inmates. Our program is structured to prevent prison recidivism, build stronger family relations, increase economic opportunities, and improve public safety.
By addressing the employment, housing, educational, and social needs of former inmates, we help them become productive members of society. Our program also provides support and connections to services needed in the community.
100% of the Proceeds Will Benefit Brian's Place, Inc.
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING EVENT!!!
To be a candidate for membership at our residence, an ex-offender pending release or who has recently been released must meet the following requirements:
- Be referred by a nonprofit agency, local congregation, federal or state judicial system.
- Complete and submit the application online or by mail, schedule an interview, and be approved by the Selection Committee.
- Sign an agreement committing to following established guidelines, supporting a safe and productive environment, as well as taking all steps toward sustained freedom, independence, and productivity.
Get started on your road to a renewed life. Interested individuals are encouraged to download handbook for re-entry information and complete the application form below.
How You Can Help
This is an excellent opportunity for church congregations, local businesses, and philanthropists to make a difference in the lives of reformed men. You help them thrive in the community when you do the following:
- Pray with us as we seek to help men work towards self-sufficiency and giving them a fresh start.
- Prayerfully consider joining our efforts to reduce recidivism, boost our economy, and restore/build healthy family relationships.
What We Need
Help provide former inmates with resources and support so they can rejoin society. We appreciate your help in any way. Our organization is in need of the following:
- People willing to volunteer their time and talents to the ministry of Brian's Place, Inc.
- Donations to Pastor Sam and Sylvia's Clothes Closet
- Volunteers with credentials to serve as spiritual, vocational or financial counselors
- Adult games like chess, scrabble, etc.
We welcome men's clothing and shoes in all sizes preferably new or slightly used. We also need:
- Bed Linen - full and twin
- Towels and wash clothes
- Bus Passes
- Cleaning Supplies-Detergent
- Paper Towels - Tissue
- Computer paper and ink cartridges
- Computers - (desktop and laptop)
- and Monitors
- Computer Desk(s)
We also accept cash donations. You may donate via email at [email protected] and send a certified check payable to Brian's Place , P.O. Box 133 Rural Hall, NC 27045. If you are interested in joining our cause, we solicit your help in whatever way you can. You may contact us for more information.
Join Our Community
Browse Our Gallery
Our residence is your refuge while you adapt to life outside of prison. View photos of our warm and welcoming home. The seniors at New Light love it here as well!